- Often there are tissue folds or scars on the side where a bra seam normally goes. Having a bra with no side seam is a big deal in this case.
- Also of note is the type of fabric. It needs to be soft, as in a soft cotton, to be gentle on sensitive skin.
- Having pockets to hold a prosthesis is obviously a requirement.
- A mastectomy bra with a no latex band under the breast to hold the bras position is helpful for those with latex allergies.
- Some come with front velcro closure for ease of getting in and out when mobility is an issue which is the case after surgery. Some women get frozen shoulder for which a front closure bra would be an added benefit.
There are many options on the market for mastectomy bras. Whatever your choice, there are many styles to choose from. Have a look around and find what works for you.